Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

50 Cent Discusses Lloyd Banks..


I just spoke on this and WELP.. the shyt hit the fan..

50 Cent elaborated on earlier statements he made about his longtime associate and G-Unit artist, Lloyd Banks. Funkmaster Flex asked 50 about his relationship with Banks and 50 reiterated that its probably time for Banks to work on his own brand.



"You know what’s really interesting? No matter how much you do for an artist, I don’t think you can prevent there from being a point that the artist wants it to be about them, regardless of who it is. I think when you’re not an artist, and you’re an executive, you never have that conflict," he explained. "I want [my artists] to be bigger. You want them to have their own record companies and everything else. But when people lose sight of how people actually get to the point that you’re at, it gets really uncomfortable...you want to offer them the opportunity to take your base and make it theirs...we’re all made of something different. Even though we all function the same, as humans, we’ve got different qualities and talents. I’d like for them all to establish themselves in their own right and the way to do it is to give them space. You can sh*t or get off the toilet. As far as I’m concerned, you can figure out how to move or you can sit there until nobody cares you’re there. It’s not going to make me any bigger or less than I am now. And that’s not towards Banks - that’s towards any artist at this point."


"The question is, have you ever had people who work for you, that you work for? Because it gets interesting when you get to a point where this person’s under you - they work for you - and you’re working for them," he added. "They don’t respond to what you’re saying, they just wait around. You’re just sitting there like, 'Yo, you’re going to miss the f**king boat. You’ve got to do this like this, now.' You’re moving things in place, pretty much making it more convenient for them to execute it, and then they come when they feel like coming...but I’m not running around, jumping through hoops, making it super convenient for them. I’m going to let them work now. I’ve done enough for all of them."

I'm not even shocked.. I guess he got Kidd Kidd and that other random chick so he good.. smh.. I think Lloyd needs to play it smart and not become Young Buck.. He is STILL very viable..

No comments:

Post a Comment