Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Shawnna Talks DTP & Signing with T Pain


One of my fave femcees Chi Town's Shawna took some time to talk about some past career decisions..

Shawnna took the time to dispel some rumors about her time with Ludacris, Disturbing Tha Peace and her collaborations with T-Pain. The rapper shared that things weren't always as the media portrayed them in regards to her career.


"Well you know, all good things come to an end," Shawnna told co-host Charlamagne Tha God. "T-Pain is my boy. It wasn't really like a signing situation. We were going to put out a project together and everyone just kind-of ran off with that. ... He at the time was going through some things with Konvict [Music] Records. I think it was Atlantic, he was going to do some shifting. And then about a year or so later, you heard the announcement about him going to Young Money Cash Money."

So...why didn't things work outwith DTP?


"That's because I [didn't] bend over, so to speak. You know, I'm not just a puppet," she added. "I'm not just going to go where you want me to go. When it comes to women having their voice and speaking up for themselves, they always try to shut you [down] like.. 'Oh you can't work with her."

I'm lost.. was Luda on some Hustle and Flow shyt.. did he piss on her mixtape.. smh.. anyhoo.. I hope to see her soon.. she was very ummm..


ehhh...


...YUP






No comments:

Post a Comment