Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mariah Carey Joins American Idol



Real talk.. This is what I can see her doing..

Pop superstar Mariah Carey will be the newest "American Idol" judge next season. The chart-topping singer will reportedly make $17 million as the replacement for departing hosts Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler.



"It's gonna be so much fun working on @AmericanIdol. As a singer-songwriter, I'm excited to help find and nurture new talent. LYM!" she tweeted.


She also called into a FOX presentation to express her gratitude.


"Thank you! Yay! I'm so excited to be joining Idol," said Carey on the phone. "First of all, I wanted to be there today and I wish I could have been there today to tell you, but this just happened real quickly. I can't wait to get started in a couple months. Everybody have a great TCA and I will see you in January!"


An official statement was also released to the press:


"As a singer, songwriter and producer, it’s going to be fun and rewarding to help find new talent and give back with American Idol. I’m currently in the studio working on my new album and its first single, ‘Triumphant,’ which will be out early next month. I can’t wait to channel my creative energy as a part of this show which is a massive global phenomenon."

It should be interesting.. the show keeps reinventing itself..everyone thought it would self destruct when Simon left...





1 comment:

  1. MaryMary i kanta HEAVEN, ma a me m'a ssomèa de toka el ciel anka a varda Mariah Carey!

    ReplyDelete