Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Pusha T Getting PUSHED By Kanye



Looks like Yeezy is motivating Pusha T..

Kanye West is getting the best out of Pusha T. At least, that's how the G.O.O.D. Music rapper views Kanye's guidance. In a recent interview, Pusha admitted that Kanye continues to force him to revise his verses and sharpen his craft--despite his status as one of the more established artists on G.O.O.D.'s roster.



“As far as revisions go and revising your verse when you're dealing with G.O.O.D. Music, it happens to all of us," Pusha T admitted. "I have never rewritten more verses in my life than right now,” he said. “Being signed to G.O.O.D. it just comes with the territory, man. These guys are perfectionists. I write verses and already think they're perfect. At the end of the day, ‘Ye will come through and be like, ‘Ah, no. We can do better or we can edit that out.’ He's really taught me in a sense of what he's looking for now, so now I sort of got it down to a science so I don't got to revisit it so much. But it's not beyond any of us. We revise stuff all the time.”

“It's not humbling because you have to look at who's telling you to revise your verse," he added. "I never look at revision or any type of criticism as humbling when it’s coming from a 90-time Grammy winner. You've got to listen to somebody. Music is still a learning experience for me. I came into the game under super producers; I deal with super producers a lot, whether it be Pharrell, whether it be Kanye, whether it be The-Dream. You have to listen to somebody. Me specifically, I have to. I'm a rapper.”

Gotta love this across the board.. some cats feel like they have made it and don't need to be tutored or motivated.. This is what hip hop is missing.. that mentoring aspect. Not toomany Berry Gordy's around.. not saying Ye is Berry Gordy but.. you know what I mean.




No comments:

Post a Comment