Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

QuestLove Re-Launches Okay Player Records



Roots producer/drummer ?uestlove announced that he will be launching his acclaimed Okayplayer Records. The imprint will be making its return, after being defunct for more than eight years. ?uest told Billboard that the label will be digital-only and will be releasing Danny!'s Payback on September 25th and Young Guru's Essentials Vol. 1 on October 9th.


"I've been waiting years for the right moment to re-launch the label," said ?uestlove, "and I'm eager to kick things off with Danny!."

Danny! talked about his enthusiasm for joining the label.

"My angst with the record industry has long been documented but it hasn't jaded my outlook," said Danny!. "I'm fortunate to finally have a team behind me that clearly believes in my vision."

"I'm excited for what the future holds for Okayplayer Records," said ?uestlove, "and look forward to releasing more great projects over the next few years."



No comments:

Post a Comment