Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Tweet Discusses Her New Album


WOW.. Good to hear this.. Looks like Tweet is making a return to music.. Bout damn time..

In the early 2000s, R&B singer Tweet was one of the more promising artists in urban music. Her debut album, Southern Hummingbird, was critically-acclaimed and a commercial success, but following 2005's disappointing follow-up (It's Me Again), she all but disappeared. Tweet is currently prepping her return to music, and spoke to Necole Bitchie about why she stayed away for so long and how good she feels about her new material.



"The songs are already done," she revealed. "Now we’re just putting on the final touches and it’ll be here in September. It’s called Simply Tweet and it’s just me. I’m branching out of my own. I’m not under the wings of anybody else. It’s a new space in my life. It’s just different…different love, different situation…very different than the place I was in when I recorded Southern Hummingbird. The single is called ‘Enough’, and it’s for my ladies…and that’s all I can tell you about that."


"The last album was It’s Me Again, in 2005 and I think I took a good break," she says. "I didn’t get the support that I thought I deserved on that last album. I was feeling overwhelmed and decided to get my life together, get my relationship with God back on track, start spending more time with daughter."


"I’m happier now. I know who I am as a woman and an artist," she continued. "Now I want to let women know that they can do it too. They can find that happiness, they don’t have to stay in unhappy situations."


"I was definitely unhappy with the record company," says Tweet. "When I first turned in the last album it was all me. But being that Elektra turned into Atlantic, it was all new people and they didn’t know who I was. They made me take off ½ of my songs to make room for more Hip Hop. I can’t blame anybody because I didn’t stand up for myself. So even when I look back on that period, I blame me."

Looking forward to hearing her new stuff.. but I dunno about her saying she changed.. TWEET we liked what we liked.. but hey.. prove me wrong. I hope I'm wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment