Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Big K.R.I.T. Discusses "Praying Man" w/ B.B. King


K.R.I.T. said he had some collabos.. but NO ONE expected this one..

Rapper Big K.R.I.T. recruited blues legend B.B. king to appear on the track "Praying Man," and the Southern rapper says that the song was inspired by his grandmother. K.R.I.T. revealed that she was a huge fan of the legendary guitarist and he wanted King on the track in tribute to her.



"That record is probably like seven months old, and my grandmother was really one of the first people to put me on to B.B. King," he said. "It was kind of almost like a due to her, too, paying homage. This is somebody that you told me about, and she had like a big picture of B.B. King and he's playing a guitar and sh*t. Growing up and looking at that everyday, I just wanted to make a record [where] I could combine blues and Hip Hop. I did the record 'Praying Man' months before I ever got him on it, but I always [said], 'What if we could get B.B. King on a song?'"

I think folks might fast foward to this cut outta anticipation.. I know I might..

No comments:

Post a Comment