Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Lupe Fiasco To Go Indie



Looks like Lupe is looking forward to going the indie route..

Lupe Fiasco, in a frank interview with The Breakfast Club, revealed that he's looking forward to wrapping up his major label contract with Atlantic Records. The rapper's disputes with his label have been well-documented over the years, and he says that after his next album on Atlantic, he will be taking the independent route.



"We're coming toward the end of our relationship so it's like a going away party," he said. "After this album, I got one [album] left. So, it's all good for now. They give me my room. I'm definitely not going back into the majors. I'm definitely going indie when we're done."


"It was never meant to be a big radio kind of record, kind of like Lasers was with big radio records," he shared. "This is more like a core Hip Hop joint so we have room to throw six records out."

I was/is/kinda a Lupe fan.. Dude makes some good music and I usually don't care what cats do outside the music.. but he has done alot of shyt.. anyhoo.. I think is is the best move for em..






No comments:

Post a Comment